Forbearance; omission. Omne actum ab intentione agentis est judicandum. Every act is to be judged by the intention of the doer. Branch, Princ. Omne crimen ebrietas et incendit et detegit. Drunkenness both inflames (or ag- gravates) and reveals every crime. Co. Litt. 247a; 4 Bl. Comm. 26; Brooiu, Max. 17. Omne jns ant consensus fecit, ant necessities constituit aut firmavit consue- tndo. Every right is either made by consent, or is constituted by necessity, or is established by custom. Dig. 1, 3, 40. Omne magis dignnm trahit ad se minus dignum, quam vis minus dignnm sit antiqnius. Every worthier thing draws to It the less worthy, though the less worthy be the more ancient. Co. Litt. 3556. Omne magnum exemplum Habet ali- quid ex iniquo, quod publica utilitate compensatur. Hob. 279. Every great example has some portion of evil, which is compensated by tbe public utility. Omne majus continet in se minus. Every greater contains in itself the less. 5 Coke, 115a. Tbe greater always contains the less. Broom, Max. 174. Omne majus dignum continet in se minus dignum. Co. Litt. 43. The more worthy contains in itself the less worthy. Omne majus minus in se complectitur. Every greater embraces in Itself the less. Jenk. Cent. 208. Omne principale trahit ad se accesso- rium. Every principal thing draws to it self the accessory. Parsons v. Welles, 17 Mass. 425; Green y. Hart, 1 Johns. (N. Y.> 580. Omne quod solo insedificatnr solo cedit. Everything which is built upon the soil belongs to the soil. Dig. 47, 3, 1; Broom, Max. 401. Omne sacramentum debet esse de certa ?cientia. Every oath ought to be of certain knowledge. 4 Inst 279. Omne testamentum morte consumma- tum est. 3 Coke, 29. Every will is completed by death. Omnes actiones in mundo infra certa tempora habent limitationem. All ac tions in the world are limited within certain periods. Bract fol. 52. Omnes homines aut liberi sunt aut servi. All men are freemen or slaves. Inst. 1, 3, pr.; Fleta, 1. 1, c. 1,
What is OMITTANCE?
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Marijuana: Recreational, Grow, & Medical Laws By State 2020
- Economic Recession VS Depression: Similarities & Differences
- Brexit Explained For Those Who Don’t Live In The UK
- Imperialism Definition, Laws, & History: From Rome To Now
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased