In the law relating to nuisances and similar matters, this term means noxious, causing annoyance, discomfort, or painful or disagreeable sensations. See Rowland v. Miller (Super. N. Y.) 15 N. Y. Supp. 701; Moller v. Presbyterian Hospital, 05 App. Div. 134, 72 N. Y. Supp. 4S3 ; Barrow v. Richard, 8 Paige (N. Y.) 300, 35 Am. Dec. 713. As occasionally used in criminal law and statutes, an “offensive weapon” is primarily one meant and adapted for attack and the infliction of injury, but practically the term includes anything that would come within the description of a “deadly” or “dangerous” weapon. See State v. Diueen, 10 Minn. 411 (Gil. 325); Rex v. Grice, 7 Car. & P. 803; Rex v. Noakes, 5 Car. & P. 320. In international law, an “offensive and defensive league” is one binding the contracting powers not only to aid each other In case of aggression upon either of them by a third power, but also to support and aid each other in active and aggressive measures against a power with which either of them may engage in war.
What is OFFENSIVE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?