Lat. No goods. The name of the return made by the sheriff to a writ of execution, when he has not found any goods of the defendant within his jurisdiction on which he could levy. Woodward v. Harbin, 1 Ala. 108; Reed v. I.owe. 103 Mo. 519, 03 S. W. 687, 85 Am. St. Rep. 578; Langford v. Few, 146 Mo. 142, 47 S. W. 927, 69 Am. St. Rep. 606. Nulla curia quse recordum non habet potest imponere finem neqne aliquem mandare carccri; quia ista spectant tnn- tnmmodo ad curias de recordo. 8 Coke, 00. No court which has not a record can impose a fine or commit any person to prison ; because those powers belong only to courts of record. Nulla emptio sine pretio esse potest. There can be no sale without a price. Brown v. Bellows, 4 Pick. (Mass.) 189. Nulla impossibilia ant inhonesta sunt pra-sumenda; vera autem et honesta et possibilia. No things that are impossible or dishonorable are to be presumed; but things that are true and honorable and possible. Co. Litt. 78b. Nulla pactione effici potest nt dolus prsestetur. By no agreement can it be effected that a fraud shall be practiced. Fraud will not be upheld, though It may seem to be authorized by express agreement 6 Maule & S. 400; Broom, Max. 696. Nulla virtus, nulla scientia, locum suum et dignitatem conservare potest sine modestia. Co. Litt. 394. Without modesty, no virtue, no knowledge, can preserve its place and dignity. Nulle terre sans seigneur. No land without a lord. A maxim of feudal law. Guyot, Inst Feod. c. 28. Nulli enim res sua servit jnre servi- tutis. No one can have a servitude over his NULLITY 837 NULLUS DICITUR FELO own property. Dig. 8, 2, 2G; 2 Bouv. Inst, no. 1600; Grant v. Chase, 17 Muss. 443, 9 Am. Dec. 161.
What is NULLA BONA?
- RETURN NULLA BONA
- VACANTIA BONA
- DO INORTE HOMINIS NULLA EST CUUCTATIO LONGA
- BONA FIDE
- IEQUITAS EST PERFECTA QUSEDAM RATIO QUAE JUS SCRIPTUIN INTERPRETATUR ET EMEN- DAT; NULLA SCRIPTURA COMPREHENSA, SCD SOLUM IN VERA RATIONE CONSISTENS
- BONA FELONUM
- BONA FUGITIVO- RUM
- BONA PERITURA
- BONA UTLAGATORUM
- BONA WAVIATA
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?