Lat. No goods. The name of the return made by the sheriff to a writ of execution, when he has not found any goods of the defendant within his jurisdiction on which he could levy. Woodward v. Harbin, 1 Ala. 108; Reed v. I.owe. 103 Mo. 519, 03 S. W. 687, 85 Am. St. Rep. 578; Langford v. Few, 146 Mo. 142, 47 S. W. 927, 69 Am. St. Rep. 606. Nulla curia quse recordum non habet potest imponere finem neqne aliquem mandare carccri; quia ista spectant tnn- tnmmodo ad curias de recordo. 8 Coke, 00. No court which has not a record can impose a fine or commit any person to prison ; because those powers belong only to courts of record. Nulla emptio sine pretio esse potest. There can be no sale without a price. Brown v. Bellows, 4 Pick. (Mass.) 189. Nulla impossibilia ant inhonesta sunt pra-sumenda; vera autem et honesta et possibilia. No things that are impossible or dishonorable are to be presumed; but things that are true and honorable and possible. Co. Litt. 78b. Nulla pactione effici potest nt dolus prsestetur. By no agreement can it be effected that a fraud shall be practiced. Fraud will not be upheld, though It may seem to be authorized by express agreement 6 Maule & S. 400; Broom, Max. 696. Nulla virtus, nulla scientia, locum suum et dignitatem conservare potest sine modestia. Co. Litt. 394. Without modesty, no virtue, no knowledge, can preserve its place and dignity. Nulle terre sans seigneur. No land without a lord. A maxim of feudal law. Guyot, Inst Feod. c. 28. Nulli enim res sua servit jnre servi- tutis. No one can have a servitude over his NULLITY 837 NULLUS DICITUR FELO own property. Dig. 8, 2, 2G; 2 Bouv. Inst, no. 1600; Grant v. Chase, 17 Muss. 443, 9 Am. Dec. 161.
What is NULLA BONA?
- RETURN NULLA BONA
- VACANTIA BONA
- DO INORTE HOMINIS NULLA EST CUUCTATIO LONGA
- BONA FIDE
- IEQUITAS EST PERFECTA QUSEDAM RATIO QUAE JUS SCRIPTUIN INTERPRETATUR ET EMEN- DAT; NULLA SCRIPTURA COMPREHENSA, SCD SOLUM IN VERA RATIONE CONSISTENS
- BONA FUGITIVO- RUM
- BONA PERITURA
- BONA FELONUM
- BONA UTLAGATORUM
- BONA WAVIATA
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Why Trump’s Lawsuit Tactics Won’t Turn The Election
- What Is Impeachment & How Does It Work, Exactly?
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?