A US organization that has international membership. Its purpose is establishing and updating fire protection and prevention safeguards. NFPA publishes National Fire Codes, standards, manuals, and recommended practices in a 16-volume set. Its diamond-shaped label, issued under code NFPA704M, is known the world over and is placed on storage and shipping containers to state possible hazards levels. This label consists of four boxes, starting clockwise from top, represent fire/explosion, chemical reactivity, special hazards, and health hazard / toxicity. Each box displays the substance’s hazard level as a number ranging from 0, meaning not a hazard, to 4, meaning extremely hazardous.
What is NATIONAL FIRE PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (NFPA)?
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF ACCOUNTANTS (NAA)
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF MANUFACTURERS (NAM)
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS (NAR)
- NATIONAL FUTURES ASSOCIATION (NFA)
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF EXPORT COMPANIES
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HEALTH UNDERWRITERS
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF INDEPENDENT INSURERS
- FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION (FANNIE MAE)
- FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION (FNMA)
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SECURITIES DEALERS (NASD)
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?