All commodities which merchants usually buy and sell, whether at wholesale or retail; wares and commodities such as are ordinarily the objects of trade and commerce. But the term is never understood as including real estate, and is rarely applied to provisions such as are purchased day by day, or to such other articles as are required for immediate consumption. See Passaic Mfg. Co. v. Hoffman, 3 Daly (N. Y.) 512; Hein v. O’Connor (Tex. App.) 15 S. W. 414; Elliott v. Swartwout, 10 Pet. 137, 9 L. Ed. 373; Pickett v. State. 00 Ala. 78; The Marine City (D. C.) 6 Fed. 415.
What is MERCHANDISE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- W-4: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Martial Law: Everything You Need To Know In 2020
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online