Describing, and wrapping or encapsulating data and its attributes using a specialized computer language. A markup language embeds processing instructions, called tags, in electronic documents. This is done to accurately style and present these documents like the original documents, regardless of the computer platform, operating system, or application program used. These tags also allow including metadata, additional descriptive information about the encapsulated data. This facilitates the exchange of complex data types between different systems. Also refer to Extensible Markup Language (XML), Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), and Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML).
What is MARKUP LANGUAGE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?