A public time and appointed place of buying and selling; also purchase and sale. Caldwell v. Alton, 33 111. 419. 75 Am. Dec. 282; Taggart v. Detroit, 71 Mich. 92, 38 N. W. 714; Strickland v. Pennsylvania It. Co., 154 Pa. 348, 20 Atl. 431, 21 L. It. A. 224. It differs from the forum, or market of antiquity, which was a public market- place on one side only, or duriug one part of the day only, the other sides being occupied by temples, theaters, courts of justice, and other public buildings. Wharton. The liberty, privilege, or franchise by which a town holds a market, which can only be by royal grant or immemorial usage. By the term “market” is also understood the demand there is for any particular arti- cle; as, “the cotton market in Europe is dull.”
What is MARKET?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?