Lat. In the civil law. A little book. Libellus supplex, a petition, especially to the emperor, all petitions to whom must be in writing. Libcllum rcscribere, to mark on such petition the answer to it. Li- bcllum agerc, to assist or counsel the emperor in regard to such petitions. Libellus ac- cusatorius, an information and accusation of a crime. Libellus divortii, a writing of di- vorcement Libellus rerum, an inventory. Calvin. Libellus or oratio consulloria, a message by which emperors laid matters before the senate. Id. A writing iu which are contained the names of the plaintiff (actor) and defendant, (reus,) the tiling sought, the right relied upon, and name of the tribunal before which the action is brought. Calvin. In feudal law. An instrument of alienation or conveyance, as of a fief, or a part of it.
What is LIBELLUS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?