Lat. In the civil law. A little book. Libellus supplex, a petition, especially to the emperor, all petitions to whom must be in writing. Libcllum rcscribere, to mark on such petition the answer to it. Li- bcllum agerc, to assist or counsel the emperor in regard to such petitions. Libellus ac- cusatorius, an information and accusation of a crime. Libellus divortii, a writing of di- vorcement Libellus rerum, an inventory. Calvin. Libellus or oratio consulloria, a message by which emperors laid matters before the senate. Id. A writing iu which are contained the names of the plaintiff (actor) and defendant, (reus,) the tiling sought, the right relied upon, and name of the tribunal before which the action is brought. Calvin. In feudal law. An instrument of alienation or conveyance, as of a fief, or a part of it.
What is LIBELLUS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- W-4: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online