The official and authentic decision of a court of justice upon the re- spective rights and claims of the parties to an action or suit therein litigated and sub- mitted to its determination. People v. Ile- bel, 19 Colo. App. 523, 70 Pac. 550; Bullock v. Bullock, 52 N. J. Eq. 501, 30 Atl. 070, 27 L. R. A. 213, 40 Am. St. Rep. 528; Eppright v. Kauffman, 90 Mo. 25, 1 S. W. 730; State JUDGMENT GG5 JUDGMENT t. Brown & Sharpe Mfg. Co., 18 R. I. 10, 25 Atl. 240, 17 L. R. A. 850. The final determination of the rights of the parties in an action or proceeding. Pear- son v. Lovejoy, 53 Barb. (N. Y.) 407; Harbin v. State, 78 Iowa. 2G3, 43 N. W. 210; Bird v. Young, 50 Ohio St. 210. 40 N. E. 819; In re Smith’s Estate, 98 Cal. G36, 33 Pac. 744; In re Beck, 03 Kan. 57, 04 Pac. 971; Bell v. Otts, 101 Ala. 180, 13 South. 43, 40 Am. St. Bep. 117. The sentence of the law pronounced by the court upon the matter appearing from the previous proceedings in the suit. It is the conclusion that naturally follows from the premises of law and fact. Branch v. Branch. 5 Fla. 450; In re Sedgele.v Ave., 88 Pa. 513. The determination or sentence of the law, pronounced by a competent judge or court, as tho result of an action or proceeding instituted in such court, affirming that, upon the matters submitted for its decision, a legal duty or liability does or does not ex- ist. 1 Black, Judgm.
What is JUDGMENT?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check