The official and authentic decision of a court of justice upon the re- spective rights and claims of the parties to an action or suit therein litigated and sub- mitted to its determination. People v. Ile- bel, 19 Colo. App. 523, 70 Pac. 550; Bullock v. Bullock, 52 N. J. Eq. 501, 30 Atl. 070, 27 L. R. A. 213, 40 Am. St. Rep. 528; Eppright v. Kauffman, 90 Mo. 25, 1 S. W. 730; State JUDGMENT GG5 JUDGMENT t. Brown & Sharpe Mfg. Co., 18 R. I. 10, 25 Atl. 240, 17 L. R. A. 850. The final determination of the rights of the parties in an action or proceeding. Pear- son v. Lovejoy, 53 Barb. (N. Y.) 407; Harbin v. State, 78 Iowa. 2G3, 43 N. W. 210; Bird v. Young, 50 Ohio St. 210. 40 N. E. 819; In re Smith’s Estate, 98 Cal. G36, 33 Pac. 744; In re Beck, 03 Kan. 57, 04 Pac. 971; Bell v. Otts, 101 Ala. 180, 13 South. 43, 40 Am. St. Bep. 117. The sentence of the law pronounced by the court upon the matter appearing from the previous proceedings in the suit. It is the conclusion that naturally follows from the premises of law and fact. Branch v. Branch. 5 Fla. 450; In re Sedgele.v Ave., 88 Pa. 513. The determination or sentence of the law, pronounced by a competent judge or court, as tho result of an action or proceeding instituted in such court, affirming that, upon the matters submitted for its decision, a legal duty or liability does or does not ex- ist. 1 Black, Judgm.
What is JUDGMENT?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?