In the law of evidence.Sameness; the fact that a subject, person, or thing before a court is the same as it isrepresented, claimed, or charged to be. See Burrill, Circ. Ev. 3S2, 453, 031, G44.In patent law. Such sameness between two designs, inventions, combinations, etc.,as will constitute the one an infringement of the patent granted for the other.To constitute “identity of invention,” and therefore infringement, not only must theresult obtained be the same, but, in case the mean? used for its attainment is acombination of known elements, the elements combined in both cases must be thesame, and combined in the same way, so that each element shall perform the samefunction; provided that the differences alleged are not merely colorable according to therule forbidding the use of known equivalents. Electric Railroad Signal Co. v. HallRailroad Signal Co., 114 U. S. 87, 5 Sup. Ct. 1009, 29 L. Ed. 90; Latta v. Shawk, 14 Fed.Cas. 1188. “Identity of design” means sameness of appearance, or, in other words,sameness of effect upon the eye,
What is IDENTITY?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Why Trump’s Lawsuit Tactics Won’t Turn The Election
- What Is Impeachment & How Does It Work, Exactly?
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?