The payment of a rent, tax, duty, or annuity.A gale is the right to open and work a mine within the Hundred of St. Brlavel’s, or astone quarry within the open lands of the Forest of Dean. The right is a license orinterest in the nature of real estate, conditional on the due payment of rent and observanceof the obligations imposed on the’ galee. It follows the ordinary rules as to thedevolution and conveyance of real estate. The galee pays the crown a rent known as a”galeage rent,” “royalty,” or some similar name, proportionate to the quantity of mineralsgot from the mine or quarry.
What is GALE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How Long is a Life Sentence?
- What is Entrapment?
- A Guide to the Types & Classes of Bankruptcy
- A Simple Guide to Medicare vs Medicaid
- What are the Miranda Rights?
- Property Management Law
- How Arbitration Works
- What is the Fourth Amendment?
- How To Start a Sole Proprietorship
- What Does Emancipation Mean?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?