In Spanish law. A law; a code.A general usage or custom of a province, having the force of law. Strother v. Lucas,12 I’et. 440, 0 L. Ed. 1137. Ir contra fuero, to violate a received custom.A grant of privileges and Immunities. Conccder fucros, to grant exemptions.A charter granted to a city or town. Also designated as “cartas pucblas.”An act of donation made to an individual, a church, or convent, on certain conditions.A declaration of a magistrate, in relation to taxation, fines, etc.A charter granted by the sovereign, or those having authority from him, establishingthe franchises of towns, cities, etc.A place where justice is administered.A peculiar forum, before which a party is amenable.The jurisdiction of a tribunal, which is entitled to take cognizance of a cause; asfuero ccclesiastico, fuero militar. See Schm. Civil Law, Introd. G4.
What is FUERO?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is the Fourth Amendment?
- How To Start a Sole Proprietorship
- What Does Emancipation Mean?
- How Does Escrow Work?
- What is Racketeering?
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?