In Spanish law. A law; a code.A general usage or custom of a province, having the force of law. Strother v. Lucas,12 I’et. 440, 0 L. Ed. 1137. Ir contra fuero, to violate a received custom.A grant of privileges and Immunities. Conccder fucros, to grant exemptions.A charter granted to a city or town. Also designated as “cartas pucblas.”An act of donation made to an individual, a church, or convent, on certain conditions.A declaration of a magistrate, in relation to taxation, fines, etc.A charter granted by the sovereign, or those having authority from him, establishingthe franchises of towns, cities, etc.A place where justice is administered.A peculiar forum, before which a party is amenable.The jurisdiction of a tribunal, which is entitled to take cognizance of a cause; asfuero ccclesiastico, fuero militar. See Schm. Civil Law, Introd. G4.
What is FUERO?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- W-4: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Martial Law: Everything You Need To Know In 2020
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online