New capital-market theory to explain and predict market behavior. Done by combining fractals and chaos theory with traditional quantitative methods. Daily randomness of the market and anomalies such as market crashes and stampedes are taken into account. Theorizes that (1) market stability and liquidity exists comprised of investors with varied time horizons, (2) these investors sit in their ‘preferred habitat’ of a time horizon regardless of market indications, (3) market prices may not reflect existing information, and (4) market price trends indicate expected earnings changes, mirroring long-term economic trends. In ‘Chaos and order In The Capital Markets’ (1991 book) and ‘Fractal Market Analysis: Applying Chaos Theory to Investment and Economics’ (1994 book), Edgar E. Peters proposed this theory as the author. Also refer to capital market theories.
What is FRACTAL MARKET HYPOTHESIS (FMH)?
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- W-9s: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Marijuana: Recreational, Grow, & Medical Laws By State 2020
- Economic Recession VS Depression: Similarities & Differences
- Brexit Explained For Those Who Don’t Live In The UK
- Imperialism Definition, Laws, & History: From Rome To Now
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online