1. A Latin preposition meaning from, out of, by, on, on account of, or according to.2. A prefix, denoting removal or cessation. Prefixed to the name of an office, relation,status, etc., it denotes that the porsrn spoken of once occupied that office or relation,but does so no longer, or that he is now out of it. Thus, ex-mayor, ea–partner, exjudge.3. A prefix which is equivalent to “without.” “reserving,” or “excepting.” In this use.probably an abbreviation of “except.” Thus, c.r-interest. er-coupons.”A sale of bonds ‘ex. July coupons’ means a sale reserving the coupons; that is, asale in which the seller receives, in addition to the purchase price, the benefit of thecoupons, which benefit he may realize cither by detaching them or receiving from thebuyer an equivalent consideration.” Porter v. Wormser, 94 N. Y. 445.4. Also used as an abbreviation for “exhibit” See Dugan v. Trisler, 69 Ind. 555.
What is EX?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?