1. In real property law. Entry is the act of going peaceably upon a piece ofland which is claimed as one’s own, but which is held by another person, with theintention and for the purpose of taking possession of the same.Entry is a remedy which the law affords to an injured party ousted of his lands byanother person who has taken possession thereof without right. This remedy (whichmust in all cases be pursued peaceably) takes place in three only out of the five speciesof ouster, viz., abatement, intrusion, and disseisin; for, as in these three cases theoriginal entry of the wrong-doer is unlawful, so the wrong may be remedied by themere entry of the former possessor. But it is otherwise upon a discontinuance ordeforcement, for in these latter two cases the former possessor cannot remedy thewrong by entry, but must do so by action, inasmuch as the original entry being in these cases lawful, and therefore conferring anapparent right of possession, the law will not suffer such apparent right to beoverthrown by the mere act or entry of the claimant. Brown. See Innerarity v. Mims, 1Ala. 074; Moore v. Hodgdon, 18 N. II. 140; Riley v. People. 29 111. App. 139; Johnsonv. Cobb, 20 S. C. 372. 7 S. E. 001.
What is ENTRY?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?