The whole, in contradistinction to, a moiety or part only. When land isconveyed to husband and wife, they do not take by moieties, but both are seised of theentirety. 2 Kent, Comm. 132; 4 Kent, Comm. 302. Parceners, on the other hand, havenot an entirety of interest, but each is properly entitled to the whole of a distinctmoiety. 2 Bl. Comm. 188.The word is also used to designate that which the law considers as one whole, andnot capable of being divided into parts. Thus, a judgment, it is held, is an entirety, and,if void as to one of the two defendants, cannot be valid as to the other. So, if a contractis an entirety, no part of the consideration is due until the whole has been performed.
What is ENTIRETY?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?