This phrase signifies an undivided day.not parts of two days. An entire day must have a legal, fixed, precise time to begin, anda fixed, precise time to end. A day, in contemplation of law. comprises all the twentyfourhours, beginning and ending at twelve o’clock at night. Robertson v. State, 43 Ala.325. In a statute requiring the closing of all liquor saloons during “the entire day of anyelection,” etc., this phrase means the natural day of twenty-four hours, commencingand terminating at midnight. Haines v. State, 7 Tex. App. 30.
What is ENTIRE DAY?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?