The most common and typical form of auction. A type of forward auction. A single item is offered for sale. Bidding begins at a low price, rising as bidders accept or call out progressively higher bids. This continues until either the period allowed for the auction of this item is closed or until no higher bids are received. The seller can set a minimum price for sale, called a reserve price. If not bid occurs at or above the reserve, the auction is aborted and the item is not sold.
What is ENGLISH AUCTION?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?