An electronic platform that allows electronic TRADING of financial or physical ASSETS in cash or DERIVATIVE form. ECNs were popularized during the technology boom of the 1990s and have become a critical element in EXCHANGE and OVERTHECOUNTER trading networks. Advanced ECNs provide for client connectivity realtime pricing, execution, and reporting, and links into automated CLEARING and SETTLEMENT. Also known as ALTERNATIVE TRADING SYSTEM. See also DEALER MARKET ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK, HYBRID ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK, REGULATED ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK.
What is ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK (ECN)?
- DEALER MARKET ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK (ECN)
- HYBRID ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK
- REGULATED ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK (ECN)
- ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION NETWORK (ECN)
- PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK (PCN)
- STORAGE AREA NETWORK (SAN)
- ELECTRONIC PORTAL
- ELECTRONIC CHECK PRESENTMENT (ECP)
- ENTERPRISE NETWORK
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Conservatorship vs Guardianship
- Housing For Felons
- How to Fill Out Form W-9
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?