Computer-based, investing order-matching systems that bypass the middleman-broker for order placement, providing investors with direct access to the market. Each brokerage firm decides which ECN it wants in its order-flow system, and how much functionality in the ECN it will give to its customers. With ECN, investors watch quotes, trigger sales on the best bid and best ask by entering orders directly into the system. This gives the customer speed in order-entry and order-execution processes, as well as allowing investors to trade in extended trading hours.
What is ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION NETWORK (ECN)?
- ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK (ECN)
- HYBRID ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK
- REGULATED ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK (ECN)
- DEALER MARKET ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK (ECN)
- ELECTRONIC PORTAL
- ELECTRONIC BUSINESS (E-BUSINESS)
- NETWORK ECONOMY
- SUPPLY NETWORK
- NETWORK ARCHITECTURE
- PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?