Just, proper, andsufficient care, so far as the circumstances demand it; ths absence of negligence. Thisterm, as usually understood in cases where the gist of the action is the defendant’snegligence, implies not only that a party has not been negligent or careless, but that hehas been guilty of no violation of law in relation to the subject- matter or transactionwhich constitutes the cause of action. Evidence that a party is guilty of a violation oflaw supports the issue of a want of proper care ; nor can it be doubted that in theseand similar actions the averment in the declaration of the use of due care and thedenial of it in the answer, properly and distinctly put in issue the legality of the conductof the party as contributing to the accident or injury which forms the groundwork of theaction.. No specific averment of the particular unlawful act which caused or contributedto produce the result complained of should, in such cases, be deemed necessary. SeeItyan v. Bristol. 63 Conn. 26. 27 Atl. 309; Paden v. Van Blarcom. 100 Mo. App. 185. 74S. W. 124; Joyner v. Railwav Co., 20 S. C. 49. 1 S. E. 52: Nicholas v. Peck, 21 R. I. 404.43 Atl. 1038; Railroad Co. v. Yorty. 158 111. 321. 42 N. E. 64: Schmidt v. Sinnott. 103111. 105; Butterfield v. Western R. Corp., 10 Allen (Mass.) 532, 87 Am. Dec. 078; Jonesv. An- dover, 10 Allen (Mass.) 20.
What is DUE CARE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?