A learned man ; one qualified to give instruction of the higher order in ascience or art; particularly, one who has received the highest academical degree in hisart or faculty, as, a doctor of laws, medicine, or theology. In colloquial language, however,the term is practically restricted to practitioners of medicine. Harrison v. State,102 Ala. 170, 15 South. 503; State v. Mc- Knight, 131 N. C. 717, 42 S. E. 580, 59 L. R. A. 187.This term means, simply, practitioner of physic, without respect to system pursued.A certificate of a homoepathic physician is a “doctor’s certificate.” Corsi v. Maretzek, 4 E. D. Smith (N. Y.) 1.
What is DOCTOR?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?