In contracts. The dissolution of a contract is the cancellation or abrogation of it by the partiesthemselves, with the effect of annulling the binding force of the agreement, andrestoring each party to his original rights. In this sense it is frequently used In thephrase “dissolution of a partnership.” Williston v. Camp, 9 Mont 88, 22 Pac. 501.Of corporations. The dissolution of a corporation is the termination of its existence as a body politic. This may take place in several ways; as by act of the legislature,where that is constitutional; by surrender or forfeiture of its charter; by expiration of itscharter by lapse of time; by proceedings for winding it up under the law; by loss of allits members or their reduction below the statutory limit. Matthews v. Rank, GO S. 0.1S3, 3S S. E. 437; Lyons-Tliomas Hardware Co. v. Perry Stove Mfg. Co., 80 Tex. 14::,24 S. W. 10, 22 L. It. A. 802; Theis v. Gaslight Co., 34 Wash. 23, 74 Pac. 1004.In practice. The act of rendering a legal proceeding null, abrogating or revoking it;unloosing its constraining force; as when an injunction is dissolved by the court. Jonesv. Hill, 6 N. C. 131.
What is DISSOLUTION?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?