Immediate; by the shortest course; without circuity; operating by animmediate connection or relation, Instead of operating through a medium; the oppositeof indirect.In the usual or natural course or line; immediately upwards or downwards; as distinguishedfrom that which is out of the line, or on the side of it; the opposite of collateral.In the usual or regular course or order, as distinguished from that which diverts,interrupts, or opposes; the opposite of cross or contrary.
What is DIRECT?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?