A perpendicular bank or mound “of timber, or stone and earth, raised on theshore of a harbor, river, canal, etc., or extending some distance into the water, for theconvenience of lading and unlading ships – and other vessels. Webster.O A broad, plain place near a river, canal, or other water, to lay wares on that arebrought to or from the water. Cowell.A wharf is a structure erected on a shore below high-water mark, and sometimesextending into the channel, for the laying vessels along-Tside to load or unload, and on which stores are often erected for the reception ofcargoes. Doane v. Broad Street Ass’n, 6 Mass. 3.32; Langdon v. New York, 93 N. Y.151; Dubuque v. Stout, 32 Iowa, 47; Geiger v. Pilor, 8 Fla. 332; Palen v. Ocean City,64 N. J. Law, 669, 46 Atl. 774.
What is D WHARF?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?