In American law. Though this term is frequently used as a general designation of any court exercising general, original jurisdiction in civil cases, (being used interchangeably with “trial-court,”) it belonged as a legal title only to a court which formerly existed in the city and county of Philadelphia, and which was presided over by one of the judges of the supreme court of Pennsylvania. This court was abolished by the constitution of 1874. See COUBTS OF ASSIZE AND NISI PBIUS.
What is COURT OF NISI PRIUS?
- Admin Law Keyed to Rogers & Krotoszynski
- Comparative Constitutional Law
- Secured Transactions
- Criminal Procedure
- Constitutional Law
- Civil Procedure: Cases and Problems (Ides and May)
- Criminal Law (Keyed to Dressler)
- Criminal Procedure (Criminal Procedure and the Constitution)
- Civ Pro II (Glannon)
- Property Law
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?