1. In Purchasing, this is an agreement to freeze the maximum limit, ceiling or cap, and/or the minimum limit, or floor. 2. In Investing:, this is a provision in a stock-swap acquisition for adjustment of the ratio of the swapped stocks if the worth of either stock falls or rises above a certain limit before the finalizing the deal. 3. In Index futures, this is the stock or commodity exchange volatility level triggering a circuit breaker to temporarily halt the automated trading system. 4. In Securities trading:, this is the (1). Purchase of two options at the same time to protect against wide fluctuations in interest rates. One is called a cap or ceiling and covers increases while the other is called a floor and covers decreases in interest rates beyond specified limits. (2). Purchase of an in-the-money put option and the sale of an out-of-the-money call option at the same time to mitigate market risks against both upside and downside movement. Known also as collar.
What is COLLAR AGREEMENT?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?