Concept that the best economic efficiency occurs with unfettered allocation and open trade in property rights. It proposes that the essential point is ownership of everything by someone and that who owns what is inconsequential … at first. Based on two main ideas, those being freedom of individual choice and zero transaction costs in expenses associated with the procedure of buying and selling, this concept helps explain the unprecedented cost advantage online firms have in the digital marketplace over the traditional firms. Online transaction costs are approaching zero. It has several other applications, such as in identifying who pays for pollution costs. Proposed by the US-based Nobel laureate economist, Ronald H. Coase (1910-?), in his 1960 paper ‘The Problem Of Social Cost.’
What is COASE’S THEOREM?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?