In the civil law. A species of right of way, consisting in the right of driving cattle, or a carriage, over the land subject to the servitude. Inst. 2, 3, pr. It is sometimes translated a “road,” and included the kind of way termed “iter,” or path. Lord Coke, who adopts the term “actus” from Bracton, defines it a foot and horse way, vulgarly called “pack and prime way;” but distinguishes it from a cart-way. Co. Litt. 56a; Boyden v. Achenbach, 79 N. C. 539. In old English law. An act of parliament ; a statute. A distinction, however, was sometimes made between actus and statutum. Actus parliamenti was an act made by the lords and commons; and it became statutum, when it received the king’s consent. Barring. Obs. St. 46, note 6.
What is ACTUS?
- ACTUS SERVI IN IIS QUIBUS OPERA EJUS CONIMUNITER ADLIIBITA EST, ACTUS DOMINI HABETUR
- ACTUS ME INVITO FACTUS NON EST MENS ACTUS
- FORISF ACTUS
- ACTUS REUS
- ACTUS DEI NEMINI EST DAMNOSUS
- ACTUS DEI NEMINI FACIT INJURIAM
- ACTUS LEGIS NEMINI EST DAMNOSUS
- ACTUS LEGITIMI NON RECIPIUNT MODUM
- ACTUS LEGIS NEMINI FACIT INJURIAM
- ACTUS REPUGNUS NON POTEST IN ESSE PRODUCI
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?