An injury; a tort; a violation of right or of law.The idea of rights naturally suggests the correlative one of wrongs; for every right iscapable of being violated. A right to receive payment for goods sold (for example)implies a wrong on the part of him who owes, but withholds the price; a right to live inpersonal security, a wrong on the part of him who commits personal violence. Andtherefore, while, in a general point of view, the law is intended for the establishmentand maintenance of rights, we find it on closer examination, to be dealing both withrights and wrongs. It first fixes the character and definition of rights, and then, with aview to their effectual security, proceeds to define wrongs, and to devise the means bywhich the latter shall be prevented or redressed. 1 Steph. Comm. 126.
What is WRONG?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- W-4: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Martial Law: Everything You Need To Know In 2020
- W-9s: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Marijuana: Recreational, Grow, & Medical Laws By State 2020
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online