In common-law practice, the action of trover (or trover and conversion) Is a species of action on the case, and originally lay for the recovery of damages against a person who had found another’s goods and wrongfully converted them to his own use. Subsequently the allegation of the loss of the goods by the plaintiff and the finding of them by the defendant was merely fictitious, and the action became the remedy for any wrongful Interference with or detention of the goods of another. 3 Steph. Comm. 425. Sweet. See Burnham v. Pidcock, 33 Misc. Rep. 65, 66 N. Y. Supp. 806; Larsou v Daw- TROY WEIGHT 1175 TRUST son, 24 R. I. 317, 53 Atl. 93, 90 Am. St. Rep. 716; Waring v. Pennsylvania R. Co., 70 Pa. 496; Metropolis Mfg. Co. v. Lynch, 6S Conn. 459, 36 Atl. 832; Spellman v. Richmond & D. R. Co., 35 S. C. 475, 14 S. E. 947, 28 Am. St. Rep. 858.
What is TROVER?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?