The court formed by the English judicature act, 1873, (as modified by the judicature act, 1875, the appellate jurisdiction act, 1876, and the judicature acts of 1877, 1879, and 1SS1,) in substitution for the various superior courts of law, equity, admiralty, pro- bate. and divorce, existing when tbe act was passed, including the court of appeal in chancery and bankruptcy, and the exchequer chamber. It consists of two permanent di- visions, viz., a court of original jurisdiction, called the “high court of justice,” and a court of appellate jurisdiction, called the “court of-appeal.” Its title of “supreme” is now a misnomer, as the superior appellate jurisdiction of the house of lords and privy council, which was originally intended to be transferred to it, has been allowed to remain. Sweet.
What is SUPREME COURT OF JUDICATURE?
- Admin Law Keyed to Rogers & Krotoszynski
- Secured Transactions
- Criminal Law (Keyed to Dressler)
- Comparative Constitutional Law
- Criminal Procedure
- Criminal Law (Emanuel)
- Civil Procedure: Cases and Problems (Ides and May)
- California Civil Procedure
- Civ Pro II (Glannon)
- Criminal Procedure (Criminal Procedure and the Constitution)
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?