The court formed by the English judicature act, 1873, (as modified by the judicature act, 1875, the appellate jurisdiction act, 1876, and the judicature acts of 1877, 1879, and 1SS1,) in substitution for the various superior courts of law, equity, admiralty, pro- bate. and divorce, existing when tbe act was passed, including the court of appeal in chancery and bankruptcy, and the exchequer chamber. It consists of two permanent di- visions, viz., a court of original jurisdiction, called the “high court of justice,” and a court of appellate jurisdiction, called the “court of-appeal.” Its title of “supreme” is now a misnomer, as the superior appellate jurisdiction of the house of lords and privy council, which was originally intended to be transferred to it, has been allowed to remain. Sweet.
What is SUPREME COURT OF JUDICATURE?
- Admin Law Keyed to Rogers & Krotoszynski
- Secured Transactions
- Criminal Law (Keyed to Dressler)
- Comparative Constitutional Law
- Criminal Procedure
- Criminal Law (Emanuel)
- Civil Procedure: Cases and Problems (Ides and May)
- California Civil Procedure
- Civ Pro II (Glannon)
- Criminal Procedure (Criminal Procedure and the Constitution)
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Why Trump’s Lawsuit Tactics Won’t Turn The Election
- What Is Impeachment & How Does It Work, Exactly?
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?