National economy’s unemployment level. Persists even when the labor market is in equilibrium. It is considered to be equivalent to the voluntary unemployment level because the thinking asserts that all those who want employment are already employed. Conceptually, a national unemployment rate was used by the US monetarist economist Milton Friedman to assert that in the long run neither fiscal policy nor monetary policy has any effect on the unemployment level. He proposed that they affect only the rate of inflation. Also refer to natural employment rate.
What is NATIONAL RATE OF UNEMPLOYMENT?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?