This term is applied to wandering or straying animals.
Archive | R RSS feed for this section
the damages caused by a collision between the two ships. 3 Kent, Comm. 231; Story, Bailm.
At the common law. One brought for the specific recovery of lands, tenements, or hereditaments. Steph. PI. 3; Crocker v. Black. 10 Mass. 448; Hall v. Decker, 48 Me. 250; Doe v. Waterloo Min. Co., 43 Fed. 220. Among the civilians, real actions, otherwise called “vindications,” were those in which a man demanded something that was his own. They were founded on dominion, or jus in re. The real actions of the Roman law were not, like the real actions of the common law, confined to real estate, hut they included personal, as well as real, property. Wharton. In French commercial law. Stock in a company, or shares in a corporation. In Scotch law. A suit or judicial proceeding.
Any person whose business it is to sell, or offer for sale, real estate for others, or to rent houses, stores, or other buildings, or real estate, or to collect rent for others. Act July 13, 1800. c. 49: 14 St. at Large. 118. Carstens v. McReavy, 1 Wash. St. 359, 25 Pac. 471.
A duty claimed by the lord of Ihe fee of his tenants, holding by knight service, to marry his daughter, etc. Cowell.
Lands or real estate in the hands of an heir, chargeable with the pavment of the debts of the ancestor. 2 I!l. Comm. 244, 302.
Such as concern, or savor of, the realty, such as leasehold estates; interests issuing out of. or annexed to, real estate; such chattel interests as devolve after the manner of realty. 2 Bl. Comm. 386.
In old English law. Monks who lived secundum regulas (according to the rules) of their respective houses or societies were so denominated, in contradistinction to the parochial clergy, who performed their ministry in the world, in seculo, and who from thence were called “secular” clergy. 1 Chit. BL. 387, note.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?