The proof required in some states and issued by an insurance company that indicates a vehicle is insured. The cards are kept in the vehicle to show to police or other motorists in the event of an accident.
Archive | I RSS feed for this section
a term given to the matter brought before a court where issues that concern facts of then case that are in controversy,
used to describe the regular and periodic payment of a debt.
phrase that means a wiretap or the intercepting of messages.
used to describe an affront or indignity to a person’s self-respect that could warrant the awarding of damages.
A term that means to examine and to look at carefully, discover the factor make a legal inquiry.
TLD Example: Police conducted a thorough investigation of the accusations of wrongdoing made against the council member, but they could not file charges because they were unable to find any corroborating evidence.
the word used to describe a thing that is the same as something else in all respects.
the used to describe a lack of evidence or not having enough facts for a jury top reach a verdict.
the term that describes the interest on loans that is higher than the rates that are allowed by law.
This term means that a property is next to and abuts another property.
This term is applied to negligence of a person who is responsible for the action of another person.
to question the validity of a verdict that is based on doubts that it was arrived at in the proper manner.
This term means that a person cannot perform their usual functions or duties due to a mental or physical disability.
This means the awarding in a court of equity that goes beyond the requested in the initial complaint.
See time sharing.
where the jurors are wrongfully persuaded to give a desired verdict.
the term applied to a course of action that comes from the main action or proceeding.
the term applied to the matter of controversy or the differing opinion of a law.
the term given to a restraining order that is issued before all of the rights have been determined.
this is written agreement between the insurance company and the insured person.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?