Imperialism involves nations enforcing their authority over other nations. Usually through unprovoked military force, but it could be through political power plays as well. Since it’s an old practice that’s frowned upon in modern days, the word ‘imperialism’ is often used to criticize a nation’s foreign policies. Whether that’s warranted or not, I’ll leave […]
It seems as though every time a president does something of a controversial or unpopular nature, such as sending military forces to a foreign country, opposition voices can be heard calling for impeachment proceedings. In some instances, predictions of impeachment proceedings have been made even before a president-elect took office. As common as it is […]
The concept of strict construction has usually been associated with the United States Supreme Court and how some of its members interpret the Constitution. Someone who is a strict constructionist believes that the literal meaning of the words should be adopted, but it can also mean that the language used in the document should be […]
The rule of law is the legal principle that states that nobody, not even a king, president or prime minister, is above the law. Rule of law is foundational in many countries, particularly in North America and Europe. Without the rule of law, the risk would quickly arise that people in positions of power would […]
Today, misdemeanors and petty crimes don’t usually lead to much more than a hefty fine and/or a stay in prison or jail. While such punishments are definitely not welcome by those who receive them, they are a lot milder than what petty criminals were subjected to prior to our modern era. From the pillory to […]
It seems at times as though everyone has something negative to say about the government or about the people elected to political office. Most people might correctly assume that such political rhetoric is protected by the First Amendment to the Constitution, but history shows that criticism of the government was once considered to be seditious speech that […]
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?