There are several reasons why someone might need to get ahold of a death certificate. If a loved one has passed away, or if you are responsible for a deceased person’s assets, you will likely need to have multiple copies of a death certificate. For instance, after someone passes, executors, beneficiaries, and family need copies […]
Estate planning and the role of last wills and testaments is a popular topic of conversation among members of the baby-boom generation. You might think you know a lot about last wills and testaments, but the answers to the nine most commonly asked questions people have about them might surprise you. 1. What are last […]
Most lawyers have stories they can tell about the extent to which clients go to avoid planning their estates or preparing last wills and testaments. Clients have been known to ask an attorney to prepare a will, but they offer one excuse after another to avoid going back to sign it. The simple truth is […]
If you are unable to make health care decisions, you can designate someone you trust to make those decisions for you. The procedures and the form you would use to accomplish this depend upon the laws in your state. Some states use a medical power of attorney while others use a health care proxy. Regardless […]
Lawyers and judges use language that is unique to the law. Statutes make reference to submitting the “purported will” to the court in connection with probate proceedings instead of simply requiring the submission of “the will.” Reference to the instrument as the purported document of the deceased is in keeping with a basic principle of […]
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?