Small claims courts deal with many cases, and lawsuits can be filed against people, corporations, partnerships, or other entities. Each state also sets the maximum amount that individuals can sue in a small claims court. So if you’re planning to attend small claims court and need some more information, we’re going to discuss some tips […]
The Right To Know Law isn’t a single law. It’s a group of laws. These laws cover a variety of rights. From your rights during police encounters to workplace safety to personal information. And they’re typically different for every state. However, there are some laws – such as the right to know workplace laws – […]
If you’ve heard about FOIA but don’t know what it is, let me give you a quick rundown. FOIA is a set of laws that gives you the right to request records from any federal agency. Under this act, federal agencies are required to disclose any information requested unless it falls under one of the […]
There’s been a lot of talk about martial law recently, particularly in the news. There’s no playbook for what we’re seeing happening in the US right now – never mind the world. So, what exactly is martial law, what are the rules, and what can we expect to see if this does happen? Technically there […]
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- A Guide on Lemon Law for New & Used Cars
- The Exclusionary Rule
- Illegal Eviction – The Consequences & How to Avoid It
- California Landlord-Tenant Laws
- What is Duress?
- Conservatorship vs Guardianship
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?