1. Present; at once; without delay ; not deferred by any interval oftime. In this sense, the word, without any very precise signification, denotes that actionis or must be taken either instantly or without any considerable loss of time.Immediately does not, in legal proceedings, necessarily import the exclusion of anyinterval of time, it is a word of no very definite signification, and is much in subjectionto its grammatical connections. Howell v. Gaddis, 31 N. J. Law, 313.2. Not separated in respect to place; not separated by the intervention of any intermediateobject, cause, relation, or right. Thus we speak of an action as prosecuted forthe “immediate benefit” of A., of a devise as made to the “immediate issue” of B., etc.
What is IMMEDIATE?
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Marijuana: Recreational, Grow, & Medical Laws By State 2020
- Economic Recession VS Depression: Similarities & Differences
- Brexit Explained For Those Who Don’t Live In The UK
- Imperialism Definition, Laws, & History: From Rome To Now
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased