A financial contract between an INSURER and an individual or PENSION PLAN (as BENEFICIARY) that provides the beneficiary with a specific return on CAPITAL invested over the life of the contract. The insurer bears the investment RISK associated with the securities in the GIC portfolio but is generally able to retain any excess it earns over the guaranteed return. See also NONPARTICIPATING GUARANTEED INVESTMENT CONTRACT, PARTICIPATING GUARANTEED INVESTMENT CONTRACT, SYNTHETIC GUARANTEED INVESTMENT CONTRACT.
What is GUARANTEED INVESTMENT CONTRACT (GIC)?
- BULLET GUARANTEED INVESTMENT CONTRACT (GIC)
- PARTICIPATING GUARANTEED INVESTMENT CONTRACT (GIC)
- SYNTHETIC GUARANTEED INVESTMENT CONTRACT (GIC)
- NON-PARTICIPATING GUARANTEED INVESTMENT CONTRACT (GIC)
- GUARANTEED DEATH BENEFIT
- AGGRESSIVE INVESTMENT STRATEGY
- GUARANTEED EARNING INCREASE DEATH BENEFIT
- REAL INVESTMENT
- PORTFOLIO INVESTMENT
- DEFENSIVE INVESTMENT STRATEGY
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?