A bond given to a sheriff who has levied on property, conditionedthat the property shall be forthcoming. i. c., produced, when required. On thegiving of such bond, the goods are allowed to remain in the possession of the debtor.Ilill v. Manser, 11 Grat. (Va.) 522; Nichols v. Chittenden, 14 Colo. App. 49, 59 Pac. 954.The sheriff or other officer levying a writ of fieri facias, or distress warrant, may takefrom the debtor a bond, with sufficient surety, payable to the creditor, reciting theservice of such writ or warrant, and the amount due thereon,(including his fee for taking the bond, commissions. and other lawful charges, if any.)with condition that the property shall be forthcoming at the day and place of sale;whereupon such property may be permitted to remain in the possession and at the riskof the debtor. Code Va. 18S7,
What is FORTHCOMING BOND?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check