A US federally chartered, publicly owned CORPORATION founded in 1938 that purchases government insured/guaranteed residential mortgages and pools them into MORTGAGEBACKED SECURITIES (MBS); FNMA MBS, which essentially convert ILLIQUID mortgage ASSETS into marketable securities, carry the corporation
What is FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION (FNMA)?
- GOVERNMENT NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION (GNMA)
- FEDERAL HOME LOAN MORTGAGE CORPORATION (FHLMC)
- FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION (FANNIE MAE)
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF MANUFACTURERS (NAM)
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SECURITIES DEALERS (NASD)
- FEDERAL HOME LOAN MORTGAGE CORPORATION (FREDDIE MAC)
- MORTGAGE BANKERS ASSOCIATION
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF ACCOUNTANTS (NAA)
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS (NAR)
- NATIONAL FUTURES ASSOCIATION (NFA)
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?