A US agency established in 1970 that purchases MORTGAGES from mortgage originators and pools them into MORTGAGEBACKED SECURITIES known as PARTICIPATION CERTIFICATES; the certificates, which convert ILLIQUID mortgage assets into marketable securities, carry the agency
What is FEDERAL HOME LOAN MORTGAGE CORPORATION (FHLMC)?
- FEDERAL HOME LOAN MORTGAGE CORPORATION (FREDDIE MAC)
- FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION (FNMA)
- GOVERNMENT NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION (GNMA)
- FEDERAL SAVINGS AND LOAN INSURANCE CORPORATION (FSLIC)
- FEDERAL HOME LOAN BANK SYSTEM (FHLBS)
- MORTGAGE-BACKED SECURITIES CLEARING CORPORATION (MBSCC)
- FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORPORATION
- FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORPORATION (FDIC)
- FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION (FANNIE MAE)
- HOME EQUITY CONVERSION MORTGAGE (HECM)
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?