ECCLESIA. Lat. An assembly. A Christian assembly; a church. A place of religiousworship. Spelman.Ecclesia ecclesise decimas solvere non debet. Cro. Eliz. 479. A church ought not topay tithes to a church.Ecclesia est domus mansionalis Omni- potentis Dei. 2 Inst 164. The church is themansion-house of the Omnipotent God.Ecclesia est infra aetatem et in cus- todia domini regis, qni tenetnr jnra ethacreditates ejnsdem mann tenere et de- fendere. 11 Coke, 49. The church Is underage, and In the custody of the king, who is bound to uphold and defend its rights andinheritances.Ecclesia fungitur vice minoris; meli- orem conditionem suam facere potest,deteriorem nequaquam. Co. Litt. 341. The church enjoys the privilege of a minor;It can make its own condition better, but not worse.Ecclesia non moritnr. 2 Inst. 3. The church does not die.Ecclesise mat; is favendnm est qnam personse. Godol. Ecc. Law, 172. The church isto be more favored than the parson.
What is ECCLESIA?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?