ECCLESIA. Lat. An assembly. A Christian assembly; a church. A place of religiousworship. Spelman.Ecclesia ecclesise decimas solvere non debet. Cro. Eliz. 479. A church ought not topay tithes to a church.Ecclesia est domus mansionalis Omni- potentis Dei. 2 Inst 164. The church is themansion-house of the Omnipotent God.Ecclesia est infra aetatem et in cus- todia domini regis, qni tenetnr jnra ethacreditates ejnsdem mann tenere et de- fendere. 11 Coke, 49. The church Is underage, and In the custody of the king, who is bound to uphold and defend its rights andinheritances.Ecclesia fungitur vice minoris; meli- orem conditionem suam facere potest,deteriorem nequaquam. Co. Litt. 341. The church enjoys the privilege of a minor;It can make its own condition better, but not worse.Ecclesia non moritnr. 2 Inst. 3. The church does not die.Ecclesise mat; is favendnm est qnam personse. Godol. Ecc. Law, 172. The church isto be more favored than the parson.
What is ECCLESIA?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?