The name of a former English court of appeal, intermediate between tlie superior courts of common law aud the house of lords. When sitting as a court of appeal from any one of tlie three superior courts of common law, it was composed of judges of the other two courts. 3 Bl. Comm. 00, 07; 3 Steph. Comm. 333, 300. By the judicature act (1873) the jurisdiction of this court is transferred to the court of appeal.