Technology arrangement organizing computers and application software into two categories, clients, and servers. This arrangement engages available computing resources to shares data processing loads more efficiently. A client computer, like a PC, is the user tool for interfacing with the system and some or all application processing. The server computer provides high-volume storage capacity, heavy throughput and data crunching, and/or high resolution graphics. A server is often the source of the application client-users are executing to do work. Typically, several client computers are connected through one or more networks to a server. The server could be a large PC, minicomputer, or a mainframe computer. The website’s computer acts as a server to every computer connected to a website, acting as a client. Known also as client-server environment.
What is CLIENT-SERVER ARCHITECTURE?
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?