In conveyancing. The transferring of the property of a thing from one to another, upon valuable consideration, by way of sale. Shep. Touch, (by Preston,) 221. A contract or bargain by the owner of land, in consideration of money or its equivalent paid, to sell land to another person, called the “bargainee,” whereupon a use arises in favor of the latter, to whom the seisin is transferred by force of the statute of uses. 2 Washb. Real Prop. 128; Brittin v. Freeman, 17 N. J. Law, 231; Iowa v. McFarland, 110 U. S. 471, 4 Sup. Ct. 210, 28 L. Ed. 198; Love v. Miller, 53 Ind. 296, 21 Am. Rep. 192; Slifer v. Beates, 9 Serg. & R. (Pa.) 176. The expression “bargain and sale” is also applied to transfers of personalty, In cases where there Is first an executory agreement for the sale, (the bargain,) and then an actual and completed sale. The proper and technical words to denote a bargain and sale are “bargain and sell;” but any other words that are sufficient to raise a use upon a valuable consideration are sufficient. 2 Wood. Conv. 15; Jackson ex dem. Hudson v. Alexander, 3 Johns. 484, 3 Am. Dec. 517.
What is BARGAIN AND SALE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Why Trump’s Lawsuit Tactics Won’t Turn The Election
- What Is Impeachment & How Does It Work, Exactly?
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?