To take or apprehend by commandment of a writ or precept Buckeye Pipe- Line Co. v. Fee, 62 Ohio St 543, 57 N. E. 446, 78 Am. St Rep. 743. It differs from arrest, because it takes not only the body, but sometimes the goods, whereas an arrest is only against the person; besides, he who attaches keeps the party attached in order to produce him in court on the day named, but he who arrests lodges the person arrested in the custody of a higher power, to be forthwith disposed of. Fleta, lib. 5, c. 24. See ATTACHMENT. Attaching; creditor. See CBEDITOB.
What is ATTACH?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?