There is a lot of information on this. US Code 38&5301(a) state that VA Disability is not considered income. Bankruptcy Code (BC) 11 USC 522 (d)(10)(b) states that VA Disability is exempt the same way that Social Security Disability benefits are exempt. . But, is it considered to be income? Essentially, it is income. But, […]
Ignoring the bankruptcy for a moment, on just the short sale impact, the very short answer is that it is very likely, as it is well documented, that one must wait at least 4 years. If one can bring a larger than normal down payment, and take on a higher interest rate, FHA will source […]
In most states in the Union, you will allegedly go to jail on your 1st DUI. At least, you will face jail time. The amount of time you face, or how long over the mandatory will depend on so many factors to make it an unsure thing. The jurisdiction’s laws State Laws Circumstances Alcohol level […]
Direct Air filed for bankruptcy in March 2012. American Airlines filed for bankruptcy in November 2011, but continues to operate. All told there have been 189 airline bankruptcy filings in America since 1990. For the most part, airlines do not go bankrupt because they have run out of money. It is usually because the airline […]
How long will it take for the insurance company and me/my lawyer to come to an agreement on a settlement? To answer this question, there are many layers to drill down through. There are several online sites that walk through the beginning timeline of notifying your insurance company, collecting whatever detailed information you can. … […]
In reality, a garnishment can begin as soon as the garnishment order is given to an employer, or bank, or other asset holder, and the required documentation by the employer or bank or asset-holder is ready for execution. Texas prohibits garnishment of pay. It is currently the only state that does so. However, once the […]
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?