In most states in the Union, you will allegedly go to jail on your 1st DUI. At least, you will face jail time. The amount of time you face, or how long over the mandatory will depend on so many factors to make it an unsure thing. The jurisdiction’s laws State Laws Circumstances Alcohol level […]
Direct Air filed for bankruptcy in March 2012. American Airlines filed for bankruptcy in November 2011, but continues to operate. All told there have been 189 airline bankruptcy filings in America since 1990. For the most part, airlines do not go bankrupt because they have run out of money. It is usually because the airline […]
How long will it take for the insurance company and me/my lawyer to come to an agreement on a settlement? To answer this question, there are many layers to drill down through. There are several online sites that walk through the beginning timeline of notifying your insurance company, collecting whatever detailed information you can. … […]
In reality, a garnishment can begin as soon as the garnishment order is given to an employer, or bank, or other asset holder, and the required documentation by the employer or bank or asset-holder is ready for execution. Texas prohibits garnishment of pay. It is currently the only state that does so. However, once the […]
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?