In international law. An alien who is the subject or citizen of some hostile state or power. See Dyer, 2b : Co. Litt. 1296. A person who, by reason of owing a permanent or temporary allegiance to a hostile power, becomes, in time of war, impressed with the character of an enemy, and. as such, is disabled from suing in the courts of I lie adverse belligerent. See 1 Kent. Comm. 74; 2 Id. 63; Bell v. Chapman, 10 Johns. (N. Y.) 183: Dorsev v. Brislmm. 177 111. 250. 52 X. E. 303. 42 L. R. A. SH9. 09 Am. St. Rep. 228.
What is ALIEN ENEMY?
- Admin Law Keyed to Rogers & Krotoszynski
- Property Law (Keyed to Dukeminier)
- Constitutional Law
- Constitutional Law (Chemerinsky)
- Constitutional Law (Cherminisky)
- Property Law (Dukeminier, Krier, Alexander, Schill, 7th ed.)
- Property Law
- Comparative Constitutional Law
- Property Law – 2
- Professional Responsibility
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is Racketeering?
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?