In international law. An alien who is the subject or citizen of some hostile state or power. See Dyer, 2b : Co. Litt. 1296. A person who, by reason of owing a permanent or temporary allegiance to a hostile power, becomes, in time of war, impressed with the character of an enemy, and. as such, is disabled from suing in the courts of I lie adverse belligerent. See 1 Kent. Comm. 74; 2 Id. 63; Bell v. Chapman, 10 Johns. (N. Y.) 183: Dorsev v. Brislmm. 177 111. 250. 52 X. E. 303. 42 L. R. A. SH9. 09 Am. St. Rep. 228.
What is ALIEN ENEMY?
- Admin Law Keyed to Rogers & Krotoszynski
- Property Law (Keyed to Dukeminier)
- Constitutional Law
- Constitutional Law (Cherminisky)
- Constitutional Law (Chemerinsky)
- Property Law (Dukeminier, Krier, Alexander, Schill, 7th ed.)
- Property Law
- Comparative Constitutional Law
- Property Law – 2
- Professional Responsibility
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?